Focal Point: The Complete GM’s Guide to Running Extraordinary Sessions is Now Available!
Our latest system-neutral GMing book, Focal Point: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Running Extraordinary Sessions, is now available in our online store!
The heart of roleplaying is the gaming session, that point when everyone is gathered around the gaming table — and exactly when so many of your GMing skills are most needed. To the best of our knowledge, there’s never been a system-neutral book focused on running great sessions. Until now. Focal Point is that book.
Written by award-winning authors Phil Vecchione, Walt Ciechanowski, and John Arcadian, Focal Point is the third volume in Engine Publishing’s “accidental trilogy” of GMing advice books, which began with Never Unprepared and continued in Odyssey. You don’t need those books to enjoy and make use of this one, although they do complement each other well (and we offer a special bundle price for the trilogy).
As always, all print orders include both the print and DRM-free digital edition, and you can check out a free 19-page PDF preview of the book.
Over 23,000 Copies Sold
Since Engine Publishing released our first book in mid-2010, we’ve sold over 23,000 copies of our books. Our first five books are all Platinum bestsellers on DriveThruRPG, the RPG industry’s largest PDF retail site. Platinum titles are in the top 0.5% of the site’s over 40,000 products in terms of copies sold, and many of those titles are produced by much larger publishers.
Given our modest initial sales goals, we’ve been blown away by the positive response to our titles. Many thanks to everyone who has bought a copy of one of our books!
Awards and Nominations
Engine Publishing and our products have been nominated for a number of awards over the years, and Masks won a Gold ENnie in 2013. Thank you for your support!
- Gold ENnie Award for Best Aid/Accessory — Masks: 1,000 Memorable NPCs for Any Roleplaying Game (2013)
- ENnie Award nominee for Best Aid/Accessory — Odyssey: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Campaign Management (2014)
- ENnie Award nominee for Fans’ Favorite Publisher — Engine Publishing (2014)
- Golden Geek Award nominee for Best Supplement — Odyssey: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Campaign Management (2014)
- ENnie Award nominee for Best Writing — Never Unprepared: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Session Prep (2013)
- ENnie Award nominee for Fans’ Favorite Publisher (2013)
- Origins Award nominee for Best Game-Related Publication — Never Unprepared: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Session Prep (2013)
- Golden Geek Award Nominee for Best Supplement — Never Unprepared: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Session Prep (2012)
- Golden Geek Award Nominee for Best Supplement — Masks: 1,000 Memorable NPCs for Any Roleplaying Game (2012)
- Golden Geek Award nominee for Best Supplement — Eureka: 501 Adventure Plots to Inspire Game Masters (2010)
Our PDF Guarantee
We believe that all print books should come with a digital version, and we don’t believe that you should have to pay for content twice, so Engine Publishing offers a PDF guarantee for all of our books:
If you buy an Engine Publishing book in print (new), we’ll give you the PDF for free.
All books ordered from our online store automatically come with a free copy of the PDF version, but it doesn’t end there. When you buy one of our books from a retail store, at a convention, or anywhere else that doesn’t automatically provide you with a free PDF copy, just email a photo or scan of your receipt to martin (at) enginepublishing (dot) com and we’ll send you a copy of the PDF version for free.
Our PDFs are fully bookmarked and hyperlinked, DRM-free, and come with EPUB, MOBI, and plain text versions, as well — all included for the same price, and all free when you buy one of our books in print.
Where to Buy Our Products
Engine Publishing products are available in our online store, in retail game stores worldwide, and from these and other online retailers: